Learn to Drive LGV & Get Your License with Us
Learn to Drive LGV
Starting a new career is a daunting task for any of us, but rest assured, by choosing us, we will walk you through the below process, give you the best possible 1 on 1 tuition and hopefully have you pass your LGV test first time.
At Driverlink Training, we provide an extensive range of driver training programmes including, 1 on 1 LGV Training. Our expert team of instructors and service providers offers help, support, and relevant information at every step of the process.
Learn quickly and easily – and pass the training the first time!
- You must be 18 or over.
- Have a UK car driving licence.
- You must bring your driving licence with you when going for your tests.
- Your photo card licence is on the date (New photo every 10 years).
Step 1: Obtain the forms D2 and D4 from the DVLA or online, we stock these forms internally.
D2 – Provisional Licence Application. Ordered from DVLA, this cannot be downloaded from the DVLA website.
D4 – Medical Forms. Must be completed by the doctor
The above forms are sent to DVLA, if successful, a provisional licence will be issued.
Step 2: Time to consider booking your week LGV training course, and time to start your revision for your theory tests
Module 1 – Theory Tests (x2) £50.00
Theory test consisting of 100 multiple choice questions & 19 hazard perception clips.
Pass mark for multiple choice test is 85 and 50 for hazard perception
These tests can be taken together or separately, with a total duration of 2.5 hours.
Both tests must be passed before you can take Module 3, the on road practical element of the driving test.
Multiple Choice Test – £35.00
Hazard Perception – £15.00
Module 2 – Case Studies £30.00
This module aims to test your knowledge and how you put theory into practice. Questions will be based around the case study and you will be asked to answer in a number of different ways, such as multiple choice answers, clicking an area on an image or typing a short answer.
Each test will be made up of 7 case studies, each consisting of 6-8 questions, with a possible maximum score of 50 (of which the pass mark is 40)
You are allowed 90 minutes to complete the test and it is held at the same centre as module 1
Step 3: Tuition. We will give you 18 hours of 1 on 1 tuition, broken down equates to 4 hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday followed by 2 hours on Friday. If it helps, we can slide this process to either Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday. Your test will be on the last tuition day.
Module 3 – Practical Driving Test – £115.00 Tuition Fees – £1140.00 + VAT
The test involves:
- Questions from the ‘show me tell me’ list
- Off-road reversing exercise
- Off-road braking exercise
- Actual on-road driving for a minimum of 1 hour, with the examiner testing your ability to drive safe and well controlled, well planned manner, due regard to other road users and fuel economy (eco-safe driving)
- Coupling & uncoupling exercise (dependent upon vehicle combination)
Step 4: At the stage of passing your driving test, you still cannot drive commercially without completing 1 of the following, and this is dependent on when you pass your test – We will calculate this for you and discuss your best options. Enquire to know more.
Module 4 – Practical Test – £55.00 Tuition Fees £234.00 + VAT
The second stage to gaining your Initial Qualification, module 2 must be passed before attempting module 4. This is a new practical test focusing on vehicle safety. The test is lasts for 30 minutes, throughout which you will be required to demonstrate your knowledge and ability in the areas detailed below:
- Module 4 Guide book that needs to be purchased before taking a practical test.
- Ability to load the vehicle with due regard for safety rules and proper vehicle use
- Security of the vehicle and contents
- Ability to prevent criminality and trafficking in illegal immigrants
- Ability to assess emergency situations
- Ability to prevent physical risk
- Demonstrate your ability through a physical walk round vehicle safety check
The test consists of 5 topic areas, laid down to meet the Driver CPC syllabus.
Pass Mark – You need to score 15 out of 20 possible points in each topic area (75%) and an overall score of 80%
This module requires the provision of a suitable vehicle, which is usually the vehicle used for module 3.
Driver CPC Period Training – DSA Fees £43.75 Tuition Fees – £256.25 + VAT
This training is attendance only and consists of 5 x 7 hour classroom modules. There is no pass or fail to this training.
Here you will learn a lot of valuable skills, from Drivers Hours Regulations to using Tachograph simulators to better understand the industry prior to commencing new employment.
Get in touch to know more about our road haulage service.